Thursday, March 20, 2008

Airing Dirty Laundry

I always felt one of the best uses of blogs was to create conflicts, and to resolve them. In that light I decided to have a conflict last night in order to resolve it in front of the blogosphere.

As you all know, American Idol is the best show on television (mainly because it is the only show on television due to the writers' strike). One of the contestants I enjoyed watching was Amanda Overmyer.

Well, Amanda got the boot last night. Admittedly she was probably the worst vocalist in the competition, and she couldn't dance, but there is something enjoyable about watching something that could turn into a train wreck at any second.

So, I was sad she got voted off. A very dear friend of mine made fun of her all night. And late in the night I mentioned I didn't like that.

Yes it is true. How dare that person make fun of an American Idol contestant? How dare I ask him to stop? Needless to say, its a huge deal.

So, in the theme of the blogosphere solving the world's problems, I now seek to reconcile with this friend in front of all you blog-witnesses.

As a symbol of conflict resolution, I also hereby include a very unflattering photo of Amanda Overmyer. [PLEASE PM OR EMAIL ME FOR THE LINK TO THE PICTURE]

10 comments:

Jenn Toon said...

HA!

Anonymous said...

The NSFW picture is pretty classic. I am glad you are reconciling with your friend but I want you to know that I hate Amanda Nastymeyer and I am glad she is gone.

Do we need to reconcile now?

Anonymous said...

The NSFW picture is pretty classic. I am glad you are reconciling with your friend but I want you to know that I hate Amanda Nastymeyer and I am glad she is gone.

Do we need to reconcile now?

Joe said...

Alice, did you really need to post that twice?

Ruth Anne said...

That stupid playlist is in the middle of the text and I can't move it. I can't read your post.

Megan talked to me about AI today, and I wondered if it would make it to your blog. I love hearing about TV shows I don't watch.

Joe said...

Hmm, that's interesting that the playlist is covering the text. I wonder if other people are having that issue, or if its just because you are using a Commodore 64.

Anonymous said...

Commodore 64! hA! No I did not need to post it twice. Thank you for pointing out my grevious error.

Kim Thomas said...

Another thing blogs are good for: Awkward Moments

Jenn Ann said...

Also a good illustration of sibling rivalry.

Unknown said...

AO never should have been in the top 12 get over it :/